Well, that hurt. Deep. Let me say this, then I'll shut up about football until next summer:
- First, congrats to the Steelers, a good team with some great players
- My boys had a great season, and losing tonight does not diminish what they accomplished. 30 teams weren't playing this weekend, and that says something.
- My biggest disappointment is how many opportunities there were to win that were eliminated by stupidity or dumb luck. By my count, there were at least two long passes caught just out of bounds, a touchdown called back on a push, and a huge pass that would have set them up for the go-ahead touchdown called back on a hold, plus a half-dozen stupid penalties for no reason. That crap will kill you...and it did.
- Four beers by half-time. Completely sober. Nothing. Proof positive that disappointment has a psychosomatic affect on my ability to process toxins.
- It was sort of a snoozer of a game, wasn't it?
- I put the chili on my nachos too soon, and they turned out soggy. Bummer.
- Cheeky's commentary during the first quarter was more illuminating--and more intelligible--than Madden's.
- Oodgie was a rock-star. Pigs-in-blankets, sandwiches, and a relatively clean house by the end of the third quarter. This with virtually no help from me (although I did recycle all my empty bottles...so I got that going for me...which is nice)
- We are so gonna kick everyone's asses next year.